The Student News Site of South El Monte High School

Eagles Nest

Eagles Nest

Eagles Nest

Why Do Lunch Ladies Deserve More Recognition?

In the bustling hallways of our high school, we often take as a right the scrumptious food that appears on our cafeteria trays every day. We walk in, chat with our buddies, and dive into our lunches without giving a great deal of thought to the splendid people who make it all possible. It’s time to shine a spotlight on these unacknowledged heroes, our lunch ladies, and explore why they honestly deserve greater popularity.

The First Smile Of The Day

Picture this: it is a depressing Monday morning, and you’re dreading the start of any other school week. But as you enter the cafeteria, you are met with the warmest smile from the lunch woman at the back of the counter. Suddenly, your day doesn’t appear so terrible after all. These girls are frequently the primary humans we encounter each faculty day, and their welcoming way sets a wonderful tone for the hours ahead. 

Nutrition And Nourishment

Lunch women are more than just friendly faces; they’re the guardians of our vitamins. They carefully plan and put together balanced food that keeps us fueled for the day’s demanding situations. In an era whilst adolescent obesity and bad consuming behavior are vital issues, lunch ladies play a key role in promoting nutritious choices among college students.

Behind The Scenes Superheroes

Ever puzzled how those delicious meals appear on your tray each day? It’s the result of hours of difficult work, often starting earlier than the solar rises. These dedicated experts arrive early to prep, cook dinner, and serve food to hundreds of students every day. They work tirelessly to ensure that we don’t go to class starving and feeling hungry.

Budgeting And Efficiency

In an age where schools are usually looking to make the most of tight budgets, lunch women are masters of performance. They have to balance the books, order components, and limit food waste—all while handing over low-cost, nutritious meals. Their knack for budgeting guarantees that we get the fine bang for our dollar.

Friendship And Support

For many students, lunch ladies provide a listening ear, a kind phrase, or a shoulder to lean on. They create a safe space where college students can share their minds, feelings, and issues. Sometimes, it is the moments of connection that make the cafeteria feel like a home far away from home.

Recognizing Our Unacknowledged Superheroes  

Our lunch women are so much greater than cafeteria people. They are educators, nutritionists, price range managers, and, most importantly, buddies. It’s about time we start spotting their precious contributions to our faculty network. So, the next time you are in line for lunch, take a second to appreciate the willpower and hard paintings of these super people. An easy thank you may go a long way in displaying to our lunch ladies that their efforts do not move left out.

Let’s deliver credit where it is due and ensure that our lunch ladies get hold of the popularity they deserve. After all, they are the backbone of our school’s nourishment and well-being.

View Comments (4)