The Student News Site of South El Monte High School

Eagles Nest

Eagles Nest

Eagles Nest

Game On!

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST CURE FOR BOREDOM?
Game On!

“Life is a game – play it”

— Sai Baba

What do gamers do when they see a bug?  They report it!

The idea of video games was introduced back in the 50s. William Higinbotham was a physicist who made the first video game Tennis for Two, in the year October 18th, 1958. It is a very simple tennis game, similar to the classic 1970s video game pong. Tennis for Two was quite a hit at the Brookhaven National Laboratory open house because of its invention, it made visitors feel less bored on Annual Vsitor’s Day. The idea of this video game was not for academic research or commercial purposes but for entertainment.

Video games are all about having fun until you rage quit. An example are lagging, bugs, and exploiters. One thing about playing games is that it brings a smile to your face when you win and a sad look when you lose, it helps deal with boredom, anxiety, depression, etc. Playing games can help you in many ways like problem-solving, strategies, and making you face difficulties in school subjects. Kids most played online games are Minecraft, Roblox, and Fortnite. It is most effective in Math. I noticed that mobile gamers spend playing games in their bed at a 57% rate, in front of TV 41%, waiting for an appointment 55%, on the couch 69%, sitting on the toilet 34%, and in the bus or car 63%. So where do you fall in?  Teens most played online games are Soba and Fortnite. About 700 Million people worldwide play online games which puts women at a 46% rate and men at a 54% rate. Adults most played online games are Apex Legends and Call of Duty (mobile). Video games that can be played on mobiles are Call of duty, t3arena, Candy Crush, and Subway Surfers. Video Games played on mobile.

An interviewee that I interacted with answered a few of my questions starting with, why do you play games? Adamaris Gutierrez’s response was, “I  have so much fun with them, their stories, character design, and what makes me connected with them”. This brings up the second question, do you play video games all the time? Her response was “I play every single day”. Another question was, what are some games you play? Her follow-up response was, “I play mostly RPG games, action adventure games, simulation games, and visual novels.” Another question stated was, do you have a game that you like? Her response was “Lately I have been obsessed with Genshin Impact.” My last question that was asked was, what do you love about games? Her response was, “Games expose me to powerful emotions.”

Elderlies most played game is Animal Crossing.  The most liked games are Roblox, Fortinte and PUBG – PlayerUnknown’s battlegrounds. Most played video games are Counter-strike 2, Dota 2, PUGB: Battlegrounds and Apex Legends, etc.  The best way to not spend money on clothing and outings is to game, it is the best choice. The 2023 game awards winner of the year was Baldur’s Gate 3.  Expressing yourself through a game is the best way to make friends not only face to face but also mic-to-mic, which can eventually make you two meet up in real life, trust me it is a wonderful experience.