2022 Grad Nite Information

Janira Hernandez, Photography Editor

Graduation for the class of 22’ is approaching soon here at South El Monte High School. Grad Nite will take place on Friday, June 3rd, 2022. Grad Nite is an event taking place in both Disney parks where seniors will get to enjoy the whole school day for themselves. This year’s grad nite is the first grad nite since the pandemic, with the 2019 Grad Nite being the last Grad Nite event until now. The current seniors were only able to enjoy two years of their high school experience. Now with Grad Nite approaching, students are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the event since this event is a celebration of graduation from SEMHS.

Grad Nite is a celebration in which the current year’s graduates go to Disneyland and get to enjoy the day with friends. Included is a special viewing of the World of Colors and the chance to get to explore both California Adventure and Disneyland. This trip is one final journey post-graduation for Seniors. Tickets are priced at $211 and are going quickly. The Disneyland general trip will be from 10 am to 9 pm and Grad Nite will begin at 9 pm and end at 2 am but students will be back on campus by 3:30 am since the ride is lengthy. 

When asked about their thoughts on the Grad Nite event, Senior Blanca Castaneda stated,” I think it’s a great idea. It’s one of those things where you can enjoy and live life with your friends one last time before we all go our separate ways,” and added “The majority will never speak to one another again so being able to have ‘one final goodbye’ and just have fun one last night seems like the best way to end off the year.” Grad Nite will certainly provide a last hurrah for the seniors, especially since they missed out on two years of in-person studies. Upon entry to Disneyland, they have K-9 units which may raise some questions. Senior Alexis Ramos stated, “I feel like it’s a good thing to have them mostly because we wouldn’t want people to bring weapons to a place where we as students would celebrate our accomplishments.” In regards to the details and activities of the event, Mr. Castillo who is head of activities and the ASB class stated, “Grad Nite officially starts at 10 pm for grad students. There is going to be concerts and activities for seniors in each of the theme parks.” This event is surely going to provide a busy schedule for students. 

Grad Nite is approaching soon, and students eagerly await in anticipation. This event will bring feelings of excitement, fun, and happiness. The seniors will definitely have a great memory of this event and those who planned it will get to see their work in action.