Summer of 2022

Gustavo Ruiz, Editorial Editor

After a full school year since distance learning happened students at South El Monte will be going on summer vacation. The students of South El Monte High School were stuck at home for about a year and a half due to Covid-19 for approximately 2 years. Fortunately, the COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted which has allowed many students to go out and reunite with their friends during the summer. Many students have plans this summer. This summer break has been highly awaited for many students.

Some students shared their plans for summer vacation. Freshman Fernando Navidad said, “I am going to Mexico to spend time with family and friends. That is what I am doing over the summer.” Freshman David Shen stated, “I am going to be a certified gamer this summer vacation.” Freshman Leonardo Diaz shared, “ I’m going to hang out with my friends, and go to many places during summer vacation like going camping and going to the beach to have fun.” Many students are going to spend time with family and friends over the summer. 

Some students and teachers will spend time here at South El Monte High School for summer school instead of making plans. Freshman Matthew Sebastian said, “I will be going to summer school this summer.”

Many students don’t really know what they are going to do this summer such as freshman Alexis Alvarez who stated, “I really don’t know what I’m going to do this summer.” Freshman Edrik Granados said, “ I really don’t have any plans this summer.” Finally freshman Jorge Medina shared, ”I don’t know what I’m doing this summer.”

Here are other students sharing their plans for this summer vacation. Freshman Brandon Rocha says, “This summer I’m going to hang out with friends and family and also go to the water park with my friends.” Freshman Gabriel Fuentes shared, “ This summer I’m going out of state to see family and friends.” Freshman Angel Cortez said, “ This summer I’m going to play video games all day and hang out with my friends.”  Summer 2022 should have a whole new meaning for most students after the last two years.