2021-2022 ASB Elections

Jesenia Garcia

A vote for Camila is a vote for a year of pure imagination!

Jesenia Garcia, Editor In Chief

On November 18th, voting for the 2021-2022 ASB cabinet began. Students were to cast their vote through a Google Form. In the running for ASB President was Camila Ortega alongside Dylan Williams. The candidates running for Vice President were Ruben Carrazco as well as Mallory Spillard. Anthony Trieu for Secretary, Amelie Orozco for Treasurer, Aaron Morales for Historian, and Giselle Ferrer for Director of Clubs. All the candidates campaigned by putting up posters and flyers around the school. They also gave short speeches as to why they should be voted for on the quad during lunch. 

The results were announced after Thanksgiving break. The ASB Cabinet for the 2021-2022 school year includes Anthony Trieu for Secretary, Amelie Orozco for Treasurer, Aaron Morales for Historian, and Giselle Ferrer for Director of Clubs. The ASB President and Vice President are Camila Ortega and Ruben Carrazco. 

Camila Ortega is a junior here at South El Monte High School. She’s been a part of ASB since her freshman year and has never missed an event. “My leadership experience began when I became Vice President of my middle school.” She continued, “After that, I joined ASB the following year and gained more leadership experience by helping out the foreign students, leading in events, joining the class cabinet, and assisting homecoming.” Some goals Camila has in mind while serving as ASB President include bringing a variety of music groups to South, music that everyone can enjoy.

She also plans to establish new traditions for the future Eagles to carry on. “Even though we came back from a dreadful pandemic, I want to create memories that will last a lifetime regardless of the circumstances.” Ultimately, the Associated Student Body (ASB) will closely work together to make sure the students have the best year possible.