First Win on Eagles’ Home Nest!

Janir

Eagle’s first home Friday Night Lights.

Thomas Nguyen, Sports Editor

Friday, September 10 2021, the South El Monte High School Eagles played against the Bell Gardens Lancers on Eagle turf. Both teams put on a good fight till the very end but victory favored the Eagles 21-12. The Eagles entered the game with an astounding touchdown from a kickoff and scored the field goal as well. The Eagles started strong and again later in the first quarter got another touchdown by Christopher Vasquez but missed the extra point, moving the score to 13-0. The Lancers put up a good fight for the first quarter, but The Eagles were strong and got a safety against the Ball Gardens Lancers ending the first quarter with a score of 15-0. 

In the second quarter first minute and Bell Gardens is on their first down. Now this is going to be the first of many injuries Bell Gardens Lancers are going to face but at 7:04 Bell Gardens player gets injured. At exactly 5 minutes till the end of the 2nd quarter Bell Gardens Lancer makes a touchdown making the score 15-6 and after this the end of the 2nd quarter was intense. Bell Gardens Lancer fumbles the ball and South El Monte Eagle Angel Munoz recovers it but then Angel Munoz fumbles the ball and Frank Torres recovers for the Bell Gardens Lancers. At 1:07 2 players from Bell Gardens Lancer get injured but this doesn’t deter them from getting a touchdown at 0:52 making the score 15-12 and ending it for the 2nd quarter.

After the 2nd quarter it was just smooth sailing for the South El Monte Eagles, both teams fighting hard but the Eagle gets another safety against the Lancers ending the 3rd quarter to be 18-12. The 4th quarter was as smooth as the 3rd with both teams fighting hard and even a fumble by the Lancers and recovery by the Lancer players number 51, but even with the recovery it didn’t stop the South El Monte Eagles from getting another safety and completing it ending the game to 21-12 in favor of the South El Monte Eagles!