Robert Felix Captain of the Basketball team

Nicole Lohman, Sports Editor

Robert Felix, a senior for the class of 2020 at South El Monte High School. He is a part of the varsity basketball team and a team outside of school. He has been playing all 3 years of high school including this year as a senior, and the game has always been something meaningful to him that served as an outlet for any negativity. After high school, he plans on attending community college and transferring to a 4-year university to study kinesiology or to go out of state on a basketball scholarship if scouted.

The one thing he will miss the most after graduation will be his team.  Robert’s experience as captain has allowed him to grow closer to the team and has allowed him to be a role model to all of the underclassmen. It has been a long journey for the team but he is happy they work hard and they all motivate each other. He also adds that senior year has definitely made being a scholar-athlete difficult, but that it has also been fun to participate in all of the senior activities while making memories. In fact, he ran for our homecoming court this year and had a wonderful time being a part of the spirit week and voting process up until the dance. Since this year is the end of his high school basketball career, he has been playing his best and is pleased to say he has made his parents proud. He would also like to give a special shout out to his best teammate Felipe for always giving him a reason to be his best and for giving him hope when he felt discouraged.